This is a five minute recipe, at most. But it yields a creamy, decadent dip. If you love avocados, this is perfect for you. At the same time, it is not too heavy on the avocado. Guacamole junkies…try this. It is nice enough for any occasion, yet perfect for slouching on the sofa for a football game. Yes, I’m serving mine with plain Doritos. The mood doesn’t strike me often, but clearly I’m in a football-on-the-couch mode. I’ve also served it with water crackers, and it was great that way, too.
You can “heat” this up as much as you like by adding more jalapenos, but I would do it incrementally after one or two, so you can judge as you go. My jalapenos were tiny, but very potent. Yours could be large and boring. Start with a little and work your way up slowly.
|Creamy Avocado Dip|| |
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 avocados, seed removed
- 2 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Remove the avocados from their skins and place them in the bowl of a food processor. Pour the lime juice over the avocados. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Taste the dip and add lime juice, salt, or jalapeno to taste. Process again until smooth. Scrape the dip into a serving bowl and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Spoons work great for removing jalapeno seeds and ribs. Remember not to rub your eyes until you have had a chance to wash your hands.
I have a sense that this would be great, thinned a bit with milk, and served as a cream sauce on these Crispy Black Bean Tacos.